Last updated April 8, 2020
Who are we?
geta.cat is an informational website and network for pet-owners worldwide. Our mission is to create a space where you can find everything you and your pet need or even find a pet! You can contact us via this contact form.
What information do we collect?
- Your identification information, contact details and address. We collect your name, surname, IP address, phone number, email, your home address and other information you provide when you use our services.
- Your settings and usage. We collect information about how you use and interact with content and our services. We also collect information about your preferences and settings you choose when you use our services.
- Your action and interaction records. We collect your information about your interactions and actions when you use our services. This can include information about publics, groups and pages you follow, visited or connected to.
- Your transactions, order and appointments history. We collect information about transactions, orders and appointments you made when using our services. This information can include donations, purchases, orders and veterinary clinic appointments, your shipping, billing, contact details and other information you provide when you use our services.
- Information and content. We collect information, content and communications you provide when you use our services. This, for example, might include uploaded photos, files and any kind of communication with others. We also collect information, content and communications other provide when they use our services. This can include information and content related to you and about you.
Why do we collect this information?
- Provision, personalisation and improvement of our services. We use the information in order to deliver our services and provide you with a better experience and improve our services. We also use the information to provide you with personalised services, content and offers.
- Provision of analytics, business services and tools. We use the information to help our partners measure, manage and distribute their services, tools, offers and ads. This can include unique offers, content and discounts for you.
- Verification and integrity. We use the information to verify content and track suspicious activity. This can include verification of animal rescue organizations, championship statuses, cattery and kennel registrations.
- Provide support services. We use the information to be able to provide you with support, resolve your inquires and help you if you choose to contact us or if we contact you.
How do we share this information?
- Information you shared. When you share information in profiles, posts, comments, other communications, this information is visible to the audience of our website, can be viewed, downloaded and re-shared anywhere. Unregistered and registered visitors will be able to find and view the information you shared publicly, this can include any content, photos and your name.
- Information others share or re-share. When you share with others publicly or even privately, you should consider that this information can be shared or re-shared. For example, accounts you shared the information with privately, can screenshot and download it. When you post comment and interact with content of others, this information is also visible to the audience of our website, even if it is restricted to a specific group of audience, this setting can be changed later.
- Sharing with third-party partners. The information is shared to provide business tools and services to our partners, This can include analytics, order, appointment, communication history, billing and shipment details or other information you choose to share using our services. The information can also be shared in course of legal requests.
Stay in control of your personal data
Here are the actions you can do with your personal data:
- Delete your personal data. You can ask us to completely or partially delete your personal data, for example, if it is no longer required for our services provision.
- Change your personal data. You can change your personal data using your account.
- Object to, limit or restrict use of your personal data. You can ask us to stop, limit or restrict using all or some of your personal data in case of specific circumstances.
- Access and download your data. You can ask us for a copy of your personal data and ask us for a machine readable copy of your personal data.